News from the congress…
BIEN CONGRESS 2014 now sold out! REGISTRATION CLOSED!
Final conference program is now available!
The 15th International Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN) Congress will take place on 27-29 June 2014 in Montreal. The Congress brings together academics, activists, policy makers, political representatives, NGOs, and interested members of the general public to discuss and debate how introducing a universal and unconditional basic income relates to the theme of “Re-democratizing the Economy“
BIEN Congress 2014 will be preceded by a pre-conference day on 26th June 2014 for the 13th North America Basic Income Guarantee (NABIG) Congress, a joint meeting of the Basic Income Canada Network and the U.S. Basic Income Guarantee Network. The NABIG Day will focus on strategies to activate and implement a basic income policy in Canadian and United States jurisdictions.
ALICIA BÁRCENA IBARRA
Call for Papers
REVISED DEADLINE: All proposals (papers, panels, roundtables) should be received by Friday 31 January 2014 at the latest. Proposals received after the deadline may no longer be considered.
BIEN Congress 2014 invites proposals for individual papers, themed panels of up to three papers and discussion roundtables that cover any aspect of the justification, design or implementation of basic income. Preference will be given to those proposals that focus on how basic income might re-democratize the economy.
BIEN Congress 2014 is organized by the Basic Income Network Canada / Réseau Canadien pour le revenu garanti, in conjunction with the Executive Committee of the Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN), and hosted by the McGill Faculty of Law.
BICN Organizing Committee
- Jurgen De Wispelaere, co-chair
- Kelly Ernst, co-chair
- Jenna van Dranen
- Myron Frankman
- Linda Lalonde
- Jim Mulvale
- Sharon Murphy
- Tim Rourke
- Daniel Weinstock, McGill University
- Eleni Bakapanos, former MP
- Francois Blais, University of Laval
- Linda Coltman, Person with Lived Experience
- Peter Dietsch, CRÉUM
- Evelyn Forget, University of Manitoba
- Dawnmarie Harriott, Working for Change
- Kari Polanyi Levitt, Emeritus McGill University
- Rob Rainer, The BIG Push
Partners and Supporters
- Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN)
- Center for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism, McGill University
- Centre de recherche en éthique de l’Université de Montréal (CRÉUM)
- Institute for Health and Social Policy, McGill University
- Faculty of Law, McGill University
- Faculté des sciences sociales, Université Laval
- Faculty of Social Work, University of Manitoba
- Montreal Health Equity Research Consortium (MHERC)
- Research Group for Constitutional Studies, McGill University
- United States Basic Income Guarantee Network (USBIG)
For general inquiries, contact BIEN Congress 2014 at email@example.com.